Advanced Overnight Camp
Other Camp Options
Advanced Overnight Camp is our seven day intensive equestrian camp. We welcome serious riders who want to push their riding skills to the upper limit.
Riders must be comfortable at all gaits in both English and Western saddle. This camp is not for the once a year rider. It is designed for the regular, advanced, lesson student who is in good riding shape.
This is an intensive 7-day riding camp. Intermediate to Advanced riding skills are a must. Campers will be riding western, english, bareback, dressage, barrel racing, etc. They will work with several different riding instructors, and have their own, more intensive riding schedule. Besides riding, campers will be responsible for the care of their horse and tack for the week.
Housing at Lang's is quaint and unique and adds to the western experience. There are 3 housing options:
1. Covered wagons accommodate the majority of our campers. Each "room" accommodates up to 6 girls. Mattresses are NOT included for the covered wagon bunks.
2. We also have adorable, semi-private cabins available. The cabins are designed for two to three girls per room. The additional cost for a semi private room is $50 per girl for the week. Only 12 semi-private cabin spots are available, so sign up early.
3. Tent camping is also available along our beautiful lake. If your camper would prefer to bring a tent for more privacy we welcome it.
Please note that neither the covered wagons nor the cabins have electricity. All sleeping areas are bunk bed style.
Our shower facility makes personal hygiene a breeze.
Food at Lang's is made on site by our Camp Cook at the Camp Diner. We provide regular, and vegetarian meal options. If your camper has other special dietary requirements, please contact us before signing up for camp to discuss whether we will be able to accommodate their needs. You may be asked to provide appropriate substitution foods.
Overnight campers will receive a complimentary Lang’s T-shirt. Please indicate your t-shirt size on your camp registration form.
Click here to down load the overnight supply list.
No refunds will be given for campers who leave camp early because they are homesick. Please be sure you and your camper are prepared for them to be away at camp for a week.
Registration process for 2019:
1. Sign up for regular overnight camp, and put yourself on the waitlist for advanced camp.
2. Schedule a riding evaluation at Lang's. Your elevator will recomend whether you should remain in overnight camp, or be switched to "Advanced Overnight Camp." Evaluation costs $15 and can be taken as often as once per month or until the advanced camp is full. (By early spring this camp will be full!)
To be accepted into this camp, you must be proficient in catching and saddling up a horse. Advanced English and Western riding. Riding a lively horse at all gates in both riding styles. Full understanding and mastery of advanced concepts such as lead changes, leg yields, collection, and horse husbandry.
3. Returning Advanced Campers, please ask if you need to be re-evaluated or if you pre-qualify.
Check-in: 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. on Sunday (No early birds please)
Price: $975 ($200 deposit required with registration)
Age: Girls only, 11-15 years
Riding level: Advanced skills required
All applicants must be able to walk, trot, and canter both english and western style. Must ride regularly.
Also consider the new "Advanced Day Camp."
Graduation: Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 Family and friends, please come watch the show.
What to bring: Click here to view our Overnight Camping Supply List.
Advanced campers are also encouraged to bring their own fly spray, show sheen detangler, riding crop, spurs, and any other personal tack you may own.
You have 2 ways to register for camp.
1. You can use our online registration service.
2. Print and mail in the camp registration form, release form, and medical form from our website.
A $200 deposit is required to secure a spot in this camp.
The remainder of the camp balance must be paid 2 weeks prior to the first day of camp.